We started VPNOverview in 2014 in the Netherlands to educate and empower internet users worldwide to take control of their online privacy.
We are a team of 50+ cybersecurity analysts, writers, researchers, and editors, spread across 15 countries, and driven by a shared mission: to arm you with the information and tools you need to confidently navigate the intricate world of digital privacy and protect your online presence.
VPNOverview is part of the Internet Privacy Initiative. Our Dutch chamber of commerce number is 74954164. Our main office is located at:
VPNOverview/Internet Privacy Initiative
6523 PJ Nijmegen
You can also write to us at email@example.com.
Our mission is to provide in-depth research and information about VPNs and cybersecurity tools.
We strive to provide accessible, accurate, actionable information that our readers can leverage to protect themselves.
At VPNOverview, we firmly believe that online privacy is a basic human right; everyone should have access to the information and tools they need to protect their personal information online.
With the constant growth of technology and the internet, keeping up with the ever-evolving privacy landscape can be challenging. Over the past decade, VPNOverview has become a trusted source for millions of people across the web, providing unbiased and accurate opinions about the best VPNs, the best antivirus software, and other cybersecurity tools.
Core Values: What We Stand For
VPNOverview was founded on the principles of honesty, accessibility, and integrity. We do thorough in-house testing of all the VPNs, antivirus software, and other cybersecurity tools we review.
We purchase VPN subscriptions at face value, just like a regular consumer, to ensure that our review is as accurate as possible. Every VPN and security tool that we review or write about is thoroughly vetted and independently tested.
We do not accept any payment to skew the results of a review or hide any flaws. Each review depicts our honest and accurate opinion, and every tool is tested carefully by our researchers and security experts.
If you, as a visitor, subscribe to a VPN provider through the links on our website, we might receive a commission from the VPN provider. This has no impact on our reviews – we only recommend VPNs that our team wholeheartedly believes in after our thorough testing.
Our core values include:
- Accessibility: We believe that everyone has the right to understand the complexities of digital privacy, freedom, and online security, and should have access to the information and resources they need to protect themselves online.
- Expertise: Our team is dedicated to staying at the forefront of the digital privacy industry, and helping users secure their online freedom, by continuously learning and sharing the latest knowledge and best practices with our users.
- Responsibility: We take our role in promoting online privacy and security seriously and are committed to providing trustworthy and accurate information.
- Empowerment: Our goal is to empower individuals to take control of their digital privacy and safeguard their online content.
- Collaboration: We believe in the power of collaboration and strive to work with like-minded organizations to promote digital privacy and security for all.
- Innovation: We are committed to exploring new technologies and solutions to help our users stay ahead of privacy threats and maintain control of their online content.
We also follow a rigorous approach when reviewing VPNs and other cybersecurity tools. You can learn more about how we review VPNs in our review methodology.
Commercial Inquiries and Advertisements
We at VPNOverview do not allow guest posts or advertisements on our website. We want to protect our objectivity and be able to guarantee that all articles on VPNOverview reflect our own opinions and findings.
Permitting guest posts could compromise our ability to maintain the high standard of quality that our readers expect from VPNOverview. Furthermore, it may jeopardize our objectivity.
Our priority is to remain as objective and as authentic as possible, while prioritizing the best interests of our audience and the website.
The People Behind VPNOverview
A small, dedicated team of cybersecurity and privacy professionals works on VPNOverview on the daily. Our main office is in The Netherlands, though our team is spread across the globe. Below, we’ll introduce the core of our team in more detail.
Protecting Our Journalists
Our research team frequently dives deep into the world of cybercrime and launches critical investigations into the privacy practices of government institutions or big tech.
To protect their identity and safety, some of our journalists occasionally go undercover or operate under aliases in their day-to-day roles, depending on whether the research they are working on necessitates such an approach. For example, during investigations into illicit activities on the dark web, it may be imperative to keep our researchers’ identities hidden to maintain their cover and guarantee their security.
Integrity is one of our most prominent values, and we have strict ethical principles that we adhere to when conducting such investigations.